Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!



I celebrated Canada Day by running my sketch off the top of the page again. What is this "taller than it appears" phenomenon? When I started this picture, I said to myself, "Now, the weather vane is taller than it appears, so be careful."

I can hear you asking, "What weather vane?" Not only did I miss it in the sketch, I didn't even get it into the photo! I'll do a separate sketch of it someday, so you can see what you're missing.



I ran into my artist friend Wayne and complained about how the inking-and-colouring can suck the life out of an energetic pencil sketch. He suggested that I skip the inking step and keep the colour to a minimum--just throwing it on very quickly. Here are the results. I was pleased! If these are too small, you can click to enlarge them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Wayne's right! Lots of energy in those last three! Love it.

    -Nancy W.

    ReplyDelete