Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Windmills Restaurant - May 26


I work the late shift today, so there was time for a leisurely breakfast and some sketching. This guy was talking on his cellphone and studying the menu, so I had a whole minute or two to draw him. But when I decided to draw the people who were walking past the window, I freaked out. There was no way I could draw fast enough to capture them! How do other sketchers do it? It seems impossible. Then I figured out a method. I spent the full two seconds just looking--not drawing--while the subject was still in view. As soon as the person disappeared, I scribbled down as much as I remembered. An hour later, at home, I coloured the sketches. The result: sketches that look sort of like the people I saw. And sort of not. Hahaha. It was fun, though. Like an all-you-can-eat buffet of sketching subjects. And breakfast was yummy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment