Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weather Vane

During my dinner hour on Tuesday, I managed to squeeze in twenty minutes for sketching. I sat on a bench in front of the butcher shop and drew the City Hall weather vane, which I had promised to show you a while ago.


The butcher was slicing meat in the shop window behind me, and we exchanged a hello through the glass. Then a friend sat down beside me to show off her funky new shoes from Thailand. After she left, I eavesdropped on a conversation about a dog that was taken to the vet to have its toenails clipped--to the tune of six hundred dollars!



As you can see, I just managed to fit the weather vane onto the page. I had to leave before it was completely inked. If you could zoom close enough to the City Hall clock in this photo, you'd see that it was 4:50 pm -- time to hurry back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment