Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sydenham Church Bench



Some mornings, I think so slowly it scares me. On my way to work the other day I noticed this bench and kept on walking. Meanwhile, my thoughts were plodding along like this:

"Ho-hum, where shall I go to sip my coffee this morning?"
Plod - plod - plod
"I'm actually early for work. I guess I'll just go and sit at my desk."

(You can see where this is going, eh?)



"Hey, look at that bench. It's facing backward."
Plod-plod-plod
"Maybe some students were horsing around with it."
Plod-plod-plod
"Or maybe it's supposed to be like that, so people can sit there and look at the garden."
Plod-plod-plod
"Or sit on it while they're sketching the garden."
Plod-plod-plod
"DOH!"

By that time, I was so far down the block I had to re-trace my steps. But it was worth it. I spent a gorgeous, satisfying half-hour sipping coffee and sketching. What a brilliant place for a bench!





No comments:

Post a Comment