Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Learning Curve



Now I have toilet paper in my living room (for cleaning brushes). And a dish-drying rack (for storing wet paintings.) Also, my fingers are sticky with this "fast drying medium" (for speeding up the drying process. Apparently.) But it won't come off with soap-and-water or rubbing alcohol or baby oil or hand cream. What the heck is this stuff? Is it brewed on another planet? Can it possibly be good for me or my sketches? As soon as I post this blog entry I will go look up some answers.

Meanwhile, I can't put these sketches on my scanner because they aren't dry yet. So I have to photograph them instead, which means I have to tweak the colours and brightness and contrast digitally afterward, and as you can see, I'm not very good at it.



So I'm on a learning curve with this new oil-painting kick. It's frustrating, but absorbing, and very exciting. I'm having a blast! I'll post more soon. Please brace yourselves. Meanwhile, I hope you are all well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment